Learning that I’m Two Spirit (for reasons I will go into here, in time) has taught me many things some of which are.
- Learning to really understand yourself takes such a long time
- You never stop learning about yourself because you should always be growing
- The NHS doesn’t believe in Two Spirit people only Transexuals and a traditional gender binary – which isn’t helpful at all.
- We all have to wear some form of label at sometime no matter how uncomfortable it may feel
- The bravest choice you will ever make is to be yourself.
- The Native American Indians where and still are a wise race of people for so many reasons.
- Even some of the most tragic events in our lives can have a positive effect on our character.
- The race is long, and in the end, it’s only with yourself.
- There is always someone faster, stronger, wiser and richer than you
- We are all our own special creation
- We should all accept people for the content of their character above all else.
- Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries.
The list of things I have learnt already in life is longer than the above 12 point. The list of things that I have yet to learn will be even bigger.
In time I hope that this website will firstly provide a platform for people to learn more abotu Two Spirit people, for people to learn perhaps a little more about themselves, and hopefully I may make a small living out of work generated from it. But the primary purpose of this site is for people to hopefully learn to appreciate and accept the rich diversity across the gender binary. From pink to blue and all the shades in-between – we are all part of the same spectrum.
Maybe you will embrace your Two Spirit – allow it to develop. At times in our life we can be all Two Spirit, some of us are naturally born more Two Spirit than others for all kind of biological reasons, but we all have Two Spirit within us.
I hope you enjoy this website, if you have any questions please contact me.
Peace, tranquillity, love and safety